The Calm Center Video Course is now available to purchase. For a cost of £30 (or $40) you will receive five hour long videos, the powerpoint slides that accompany the videos, and a host of materials, including exercises and poems. You will also receive three audio files of the meditations which Steve leads during the sessions. (You will receive 20 downloadable files in total.)
To purchase the course, use the form at the bottom of this page.
The five session Calm Center course is designed to show you the essential aspects of spiritual awakening, and to guide you through the process of transformation. It will help to cultivate the fleeting moments of harmony that we all experience from time to time, so that they can become our permanent state. The course will include many of my poetic spiritual reflections and meditations, with exercises and discussions based upon them.”
About the course:
During each session, Steve will guide you through some of the themes of his book The Calm Center, and read poetic reflections relating to themes (many of them unpublished, of which you will receive a written copy). He will guide you through meditations relating to themes, and give you a number of exercises to do (where you can pause the video).
- There will also be exercises to do after some the sessions, before you begin the next video.
- Materials and worksheets are also provided to aid you in these exercises.
- The aim of the meditations and exercises will be to help you to gain access to, and cultivate, a permanent state of inner harmony.
- You’ll also receive audio files of the meditations we use, so that you can practise them on your own.
- You will also be able to correspond directly via e-mail with Steve in order to clarify any issues which arise.
Here is an overview of each of the five weekly sessions:
Session 1: The Journey of Awakening
- Spiritual development means transcending ego-separateness and heal inner discord.
- How to negotiate the difficult stage of ‘spiritual opening’ and the other difficulties which can emerge through the process of awakening
- The initial stage of spiritual awakening: dis-identifying yourself from your thoughts and from your story. Transcending the ‘voice inside your head.’
Session 2: Resting in the Present/Quietening the Mind
- The importance of stilling and quietening ‘thought-chatter’
- The three states of being
- The childhood state of natural mindfulness and presence; Experiencing the world without concepts and labels
- ‘Nudging yourself back’ into the present; conscious attention in everyday life
Session 3: Dissolving our Psychological Attachments
- Why does intense psychological turmoil trigger spiritual awakening? What are psychological attachments, and why do they develop?
- Which attachments are most important to you?
- How we can release ourselves from our attachments and touch into our essential nature, and experience its natural wholeness and well-being.
Session 4: Acceptance
- The transformational power of ‘letting go’ and accepting predicaments – how this enables loss and turmoil to transform us.
- An attitude of acceptance can transform our state of mind, and turn seemingly ‘negative’ situations to positive ones.
- I will guide you through a simple ‘four step’ process of acceptance.
Session 5: The Gift of Life, Awakening and Evolution
- The importance of accepting the reality and inevitability of death, and living our lives in the ‘light’ of death.
- Through being mindful of death, we become naturally more mindful of life.
- The journey of awakening – how ‘wakefulness’ is not an end point but a journey.
- Evolution and Awakening: the importance of awakening for our species as a whole.
Testimonials from students of previous courses:
Some former students have been kind enough to leave this feedback:
‘It was so wonderful & helped me get out of my head & into awareness. Thank you!’ — Susan
‘It was perfect, exactly what I needed and I felt the benefits immediately.’ — Natalia
‘I want to thank you again for the course. What I particularly like is the accessibility, coverage, breadth, practicality and relevance of all your material. I am looking forward to many days ahead re-reading and disseminating your ideas!’ — Chris
‘Hello Steve, I just wanted to let you know how transformative and powerful, in a very gentle way, this course has been for me. I have really enjoyed watching the videos and it has been such an incredible experience for me’ – Dawn
Your basket is currently empty.