If you would like further information about any of the courses, feel free to write to me direct.
This is a fantastic on-line masters degree featuring many of the world’s most prominent transpersonal psychologists. I teach three modules, including one on ‘contemporary trends in spirituality and spiritual awakening.’ It’s also very reasonably priced! These are some of the areas the course covers:
- What is the fundamental nature of consciousness?
- Does mind extend beyond the physical body? What lies beyond “I”?
- How do we achieve that deep transformation in our being which yields a profound sense of unity and harmony?
- What psychological insights can we discern in the world\’s great spiritual and mystical traditions?
- How have the arts explored the transpersonal realms of experience and expanded our access to higher states of consciousness?
- Do the spiritual traditions stand to gain through dialogue with scientific and psychological research into the nature of self and human potential?
- Is it all just wishful thinking… delusions beyond our \’status\’ as mere humans in a meaningless cosmos…?
- More information here
Below are the two degrees I teach on at Leeds Beckett University, UK
- Central Problems in Psychology
- Contemporary Psychoanalytic Approaches
- Critical Methodologies
- Foundations of Psychoanalysis
- Independant Project
- Mindfulness Based Approaches
- Transpersonal Psychology
Please note this list is not exhaustive and modules may change from time to time.
Interdisciplinary Psychology applies psychological insights about self, consciousness and psyche in new contexts, outside the traditional disciplinary, geographic and historical boundaries of Western Psychology.
Global – Psychology is a conversation between many traditions and voices, from the ancient world to the twenty-first century.
Critical – Pushing at the accepted boundaries of psychology and scientific enquiry; questioning our assumptions about mind, self and world, the nature of consciousness and reality.
Transformative – Exploring the possibility of transformation, from the personal, to the social and global..
On this course I teach the modules Consciousness Studies (year 1), Positive Psychology (year 2), Psychonautics and Peace Psychology (year 3) and others. We also have modules on mindfulness and parapsychology, and there is a strong spiritual theme that runs throughout the course.
This unique course combines traditional psychology with sociology, anthropology, theology and environmental psychology. You will study people, what makes us tick and why we do what we do. You will discuss spirituality and consciousness, and look at questions to do with behaviour and cultural differences. You will also study psychology in different cultures such as India, China and Japan. Our course provides you with a deeper understanding of human behaviour, cross-cultural theories of psychology and space for self-reflection and personal development.